Large Trenches of the Citadel of Namur, long corridor with walls dating from the 17th century and renovated during the Dutch period to 1815 are restored by Bajart Company. The stones were dismantled, stored by size and repaired if necessary. Then they were harmoniously blended with new stones. A further anchoring system in stainless steel improves the strength of the walls, equipped with chutes lead to discharge water outside the walls.
Owner / Maitre d'Ouvrage : Ville de Namur
Architect / Architecte : Origin Architecture & Engineering
(Ir.Aurélie Vermijlen & Jehanne Seghers)
Builder / Entrepreneur : Bajart S.A.